Yet, we weren't going to buy some off the shelf Dell or HP. No thanks. We wanted something beefy and powerful to groove through all the HD footage we've been shooting of late. So yesterday, we had our good friend and filmmaker Michael Haven over to our house. (Mike's the DP on our Strindberg's Assistant project.) Together, we built a brand new editing PC.
This is an investment in our film and media production company so we went for some big guns. Here's a list of the components...
- Antec Nine Hundred Two V3 case
- ASUS P6X58D-E X58 motherboard
- Intel i7-980 Hex Core processor
- Nvidia Quadro 4000 video card
- WD Veloci Raptor 600GB 10,000RPM system drive
- Corsair Dominator 24GB DDR3-1600MHz (6 x 4GB) memory
- Corsair 850W CMPSU-850TXV2 power supply
- G-Tech G-RAID 2TB (4th Gen) storage
- G-Tech G-DRIVE 2TB back-up storage
- Pioneer BDR-206DBKS blu-ray optical drive
- MS Windows 7 PRO 64-BIT OEM operating system
- Adobe CS5.5 Production Suite editing software
Where's the Beef? Right here...